Header Ads

Header ADS

How to Secure Mobile SIM Card | SIM Card Security

Actually I know not enough about SIM (Subscriber identity module) card security. But recently I had to face some problems and I became disappointed for my important mobile SIM card security. I have some Google and Yahoo mail accounts and some of them are deeply related to my business. And the important gmail and yahoo mail accounts are secured with 2-step verification security system. But what will have my mobile phone get lost? Is it secure from hacker? And how to secure my mobile phone number? All these things confused me a lot. Now I am going to show you what I have done and thought to secure my SIM card.

How to Secure Mobile SIM Card

First of all you have to remember that nothing is enough for anything. Nothing is ultimate. But we have so many things to do. We can take some initial steps for security. To secure mobile SIM card you can take some processes given below.

1) Change your SIM card default PIN code. And save it in your mind and a secure place. Choose a PIN code like your own and different.

2) Secure your SIM PUK (PIN Unlock Key). It is important if you forget your pin code.

3) If you lost your mobile phone, immediately contract with your service provider company. They will stop your SIM service will give a new SIM card replacing the previous SIM card after justifying necessary document against the SIM card.

4) Beware of cloning SIM card. Make a call to your own mobile number from your own mobile phone. If rings like regular calls, your SIM card is cloned. Immediately take steps with your service provider company.

5) If some one recharges a balance, you should also recharge an amount of balance different from that.

6) Never use same password or pin code for all purposes. They must be different from one another.

7) You can take an insurance against your SIM card if it is possible and feel the importance.

8) Secure your SIM card documents.
How to Secure Mobile SIM Card

Remember:
1) Any password protected phone never protect SIM card.
2) File system encryption cannot protect SIM card.
3) Biometric safety for your smartphone will not work for your SIM card.
You can take more and more reliable information from here and here.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.